A collection of the best smartwatches currently on the market. Our pick is based on design and features but, above all, the battery's durability.
Smartwatches are becoming a usual accessory on our wrists, just as smartphones are in our hands.
They can wake us up in the morning, tell us how much and how we slept, record our exercise routine, and accompany us in the shower. Going to work, we can read and answer messages without taking the phone out of our backpacks and even play with an app while we wait for the bus.
However, what good is such a great device if it runs out of battery in a few hours?
Advancements in smartwatches' battery life are not as fast as the introduction of new features they offer. The greater the functionality and the better the specifications, the shorter the battery life. The most renowned case is the Apple Watch, which, being considered the best smartwatch, only lasts 18 hours - and it seems unlikely that they will improve this any time soon. The same happens to Samsung's Galaxy Watch 3, which requires charging every night.
So is there a long-lasting battery alternative without sacrificing functionality?
The answer is yes - and not just one: there are models for every taste: military-styled, for fitness or running lovers, Apply-looking, and even elegant.
The following list includes five of the best models with the most extended battery life on the market.
Up to 54 days (and potentially unlimited)
Up to 45 days
Up to 66 days
Up to 46 days
Up to 10 days
1- Garmin instinct Solar - The best smartwatch for outdoors
Suppose you're looking for an exceptional outdoor smartwatch with a long battery life without sacrificing navigation and sports tracking features. In that case, the Garmin Instinct Solar is a great choice.
It's an adventure-focused sports watch that has an impressively long battery life, so much so that under certain conditions, it could last forever.
- With sufficient solar charge: 54 days in clock mode and 38 hours in GPS mode
- Without solar exposure: 24 days in clock mode and 30 hours in GPS mode and
Garmin says that the Garmin Instinct Solar can sustain an unlimited battery life with enough sunlight when in battery saving mode. The power manager lets you select the functions you want to activate and tells you how much extra battery power you'll save when you turn off a feature, such as constant heart rate monitoring.
- A training tracker: the Garmin Instinct Solar includes activity profiles for surfing, swimming, running, biking, hiking, rowing, strength, and more.
- A health tracker monitors your heart rate and pulse ox and alerts you if your heart rate stays too high or too low, even underwater.
- Garmin Instinct Solar can access three navigation systems (GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo) and includes a Built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter.
- It is thermal, shock, and water-resistant (up to 100 m). The Garmin Instinct Solar follows the U.S. military standard 810.
2. TicWatch Pro 3 - The best smartwatch for Google Apps and Calls
For those looking for the best lightweight and elegant smartwatch with long-lasting battery life.
The TicWatch Pro 3 is fast, slim, light, and has a great-looking design. Receiving and replying to calls and notifications is easy by using your voice, and it is fully integrated with the Google suite of apps.
- Up to 45 days in Essential mode
- Up to 72 hours in Smart Mode.
One of TicWatch Pro 3 features is that it has not one but two screens, one on top of the other as if there were two layers.
- The top layer is a monochrome FSTN screen that only shows the time, date, steps taken, and the battery level. It is the one you may have active at all times (if you want), and with this mode on, you archive the most extended battery life.
- By pressing a button or making a gesture with our wrist, the AMOLED screen will turn on, and the FSTN will turn off. It has a size of 1.4 inches, 454 x 454 pixels, and automatic brightness. The screen has an outstanding performance, with vivid colors and deep blacks that fit perfectly with the clock's aesthetics.
- With the TicWatch Pro 3, you can easily make and answer phone calls.
- It also allows you to receive text and WhatsApp messages and even answer them by dictating or typing them on a small keyboard.
- It includes advanced health monitoring functions, including 24-hour heart rate monitoring, oxygen, sleep tracking, stress levels, noise detection, etc.
- The TicWatch Pro 3 is an excellent sport tracking smartwatch with many sport modes; it incorporates a highly accurate built-in GPS and a barometer.
- The TicWatch Pro 3 is integrated with the Google Play store: you can download Google Map, Google Fit, Spotify, etc., and even make payments with Google pay.
3. Amazfit T-Rex - Military standards for athletes
The Amazfit T-Rex is one of the best military smartwatch, endorsed by its 12 military certificates that guarantee its resistance in extreme conditions, robustness, and battery durability even with the active GPS mode activated.
- Up to 20 days of daily use, which means: the heart-rate sensor on, GPS turned on for around 13 minutes a day, 150 messages pushed daily, the display turned on about 30 times, and 5 minutes of other operations.
- Up to 20 hours with GPS turned on continuously, recording motion, heart-rate sensor turned on.
- Up to 66 days with Bluetooth turned off, heart rate, other functions, and lifting the wrist to see the screen performed 100 times a day.
- It has a 1.3-inch AMOLED touch screen with a 360 x 360-pixel color display that offers vibrant colors.
- High-Precision GPS: The Amazfit T-Rex uses a high-end Sony GPS chip and a built-in exact dual-satellite positioning system.
- Water Resistant: The Amazfit T-Rex has 14 built-in professional sports modes and is rated waterproof to 5ATM (50 Meters). Suitable for swimming in pools and open water to meet the diverse needs of athletes.
- All-Day Heart Rate Monitoring: The Amazfit T-Rex is equipped with Huami's self-developed BioTracker PPG Bio-Tracking Optical Sensor, which performs high-precision heart rate monitoring 24 hours a day.
4. Amazfit GTS - The fitness lovers favorite
The Amazfit GTS is Xiaomi's bestseller, a fantastic smartwatch that has dared to compete with Apple Watch itself but at a much lower price. And the most exciting point to highlight is that the Amazfit surpasses the Apple Watch with its excellent battery management.
The Amazfit GTS battery lasts quite long, regardless of whether you use it intensively or not.
- 14 days "daily use": heart-rate always-on, sleep monitoring, exercise 30 minutes three times a week, getting 150 pushed notifications lighting up the screen, lifting the wrist to see the screen 30 times and, 5 minutes for other operations.
- 4 days with the AOD mode active (Always On Display).
- 46 days of "primary mode," Used like a watch with a steps counter, but with Bluetooth and continuous heart rate monitoring turned off.
- Water-resistant to a depth of 50 meters, Amazfit GTS also supports multiple swimming scenarios.
- Amazfit GTS supports 12 mainstream exercise modes. These are outdoor running, walking, indoor and outdoor cycling, treadmill, elliptical trainer, climb, trail run, pool swimming, open water swimming, skiing, and exercise.
- Amazfit GTS can perform constant 24-hour high-precision heart-rate monitoring and a heart-rate interval monitoring during workouts and sending an alert if a much too high value is detected.
5. Letsfit - An excellent budget smartwatch
The Letsfit smartwatch is a great affordable smartwatch for those who want an Apple Watch or even a FitBit but can't afford it. It does look like an Apple Watch but is ten times cheaper. That makes it one of the top-5 best sellers in the U.S.
Suitable for men and women, very lightweight, smooth, and comfortable to wear. Apart from the activity tracking, you can receive phone notifications. So, not a lot of money for A LOT of functionality (and with a long-lasting battery.).
That makes it the best smartwatch for many.
- Up to 10 days of everyday use
- Up to 40 days of standby use
- All-day activity tracking: Letsfit tracks your day-to-day activities. It includes a pedometer that can measure your steps, distance, calories burned, and more.
- 9 sports mode: Running, Walking, Climbing, Hiking, Treadmill, Yoga, Indoor Cycling, and Training, and accurately records your workouts in detail.
- It monitors your heart rate 24/7, keeps track of your sleep, and gets a detailed analysis of your sleep quality. Letsfit smartwatch for iPhone gives more in-depth insights into your health.
- Smart notifications: You can receive and read SMS messages, Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, LinkedIn, etc.
- Letsfit can remind you when you need to wake up, work, rest, attend a meeting, take medicine, and more.